Legal Action Triggered

We have given up waiting for the decision notice for Newcastle Great Park Consortium’s application for Cell A/B1 of Newcastle Great Park, which was minded for approval over a month ago.

This morning, Wednesday 16th January 2019, we submitted our pre-action protocol letter to Newcastle City Council.

The 22-page document sets out our grounds for challenging the decision and gives the council the opportunity to withdraw the ‘minded to grant’ decision of 14th December 2018.

If, as predicted, the council does not withdraw its decision, it will need to summarise its position on our proposed grounds claim. 

We are expecting a response by 30th January 2019 and will be launching our crowdfunding page upon receipt of the council’s response.

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *