A new planning application has been submitted for building on South Gosforth Green.
Newcastle City Council gave the green light to plans previously, but there is now the opportunity for more people to object.
We supported South Gosforth Residents Association in opposing the plans and are encouraging people to object to the current application.
Please object by emailing email@example.com quoting planning application 2018/0567/01/GRA.
Some points you may wish to include in your objection:
• The application site forms part of a designated wildlife corridor and provides habitat for target species identified in the Newcastle and North Tyneside Biodiversity Action Plan (BAP), including urban birds, bats, hedgehog and bumblebee species
• There is a deficit of open space in the Ward and this application would result in further loss of open space
• The open space policy officer was not consulted on the plans
• The previous decision to allow building on the green was unlawful and biased
• There are other locations where such development could take place without loss of open space and harm to wildlife